Photo courtesy of CIEE
- Minimum GPA - 2.75
- Courses taught in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Study at National Chengchi University, one of Taiwan's top universities
- Take part in the Crazy Mazu, a weeklong folk religion festival in the spring or join a birthday celebration for Confucius in the fall
- Join course-related field trips to a tea plantation or the Palace Museum or explore the area's lakes and gorges to interact with locals and learn about Taiwanese culture and history
- Explore ancient temples in the cultural center of Taiwan
- The IMICS internship program offers work experience with communications and media companies in Taiwan
- Volunteer you time in social work through organizations around Taipei providing support for women and underprivileged groups
- Homestays available to increase your cultural immersion in Taiwan
- Pre=departure and on-site orientations as well as optional airport pick-up
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and CIEE room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
You may be eligible for CIEE specific scholarships
- which would include an additional application after you are accepted to the program.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.