Photo courtesy of IFSA-Butler
- Take courses in English and Spanish at three universities in Chile – Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Universidad de Chile and Universidad Diego Portales
- Practice your language skills with a provided language partner
- Live with a Chilean host family in a homestay to increase your cultural immersion
- Work with a faculty member on a directed research project on a contemporary issue of your choosing
- Live in Santiago, voted one of the great cities for students in Latin America by QR World University
- Experience the culture of Santiago through festivals, museums and art galleries or by taking in a concert or theatre performance
- Travel a few hours to the Chilean coast and visit numerous beaches
- Volunteer your time around Chile at a number or organizations including cooking and serving meals to the homeless, teaching English at a Chilean high school or helping recently-arrived immigrants among other opportunities
- On-site orientation and airport pick-up
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and IFSA-Butler room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.