Photo courtesy of CIEE
- Minimum GPA – 2.5
- Courses taught almost exclusively in Spanish
- Study at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra, ranked as the top university in the Dominican Republic
- Stay with a Dominican family in a homestay to increase your cultural immersion
- Spend three days in the Samaná Peninsula and travel to Costanza, home to the highest mountain peak in the Dominican Republic. Visit rural areas of the country for two weeks, learning about agricultural and industrial projects in the region including a Dominican tobacco company
- Volunteer your time with children with mental or physical disabilities or help at a local baseball academy. You may also assist at a school or by helping to take care of young mothers
- Partner with a Dominican or Haitian student to observe the cultural differences
- Benefit from cross-cultural experiences such as helping to plan educational fairs for students
- Pre-departure and on-site orientations to help you assimilate to the Dominican Republic
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and CIEE room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.