Photo courtesy of CIEE
- Minimum GPA - 2.5
- Through the required Development Studies practicum course, students intern with various groups around Dakar including ImagiNation Afrika and creating support materials for the Global Support and Advocacy Group
- Live with a Senegalese host family to increase your cultural immersion and adapt to a multilingual society
- Explore Senegal including Toubab Dialaw, a fishing village and artist's colony, sleep in Moorish tents and try camel riding
- Visit the holy city of Touba and other religious sites around the country
- Volunteer your time in community partnerships by teaching English and working with training programs for young women
- Visit the cliffs and beaches around Dakar as well as seeing the Dakar Grand Mosque and Dakar Cathedral
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and CIEE room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.