Photo courtesy of IFSA-Butler
- Take courses in English and Spanish at three universities in Chile – Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso, Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria
- Live with a Chilean family in a homestay to increase your cultural immersion
- Intern at a non-profit organization around Valparaiso. Examples include helping with an education and recreational program for children with disabilities, environmental projects or a community literacy initiative
- Volunteer your time around Valparaiso helping to teach English in schools, providing support to homeless citizens in Vina del Mar, assisting therapists at a hospital or other opportunities
- Experience the entertainment and nightlife of the second-largest city in Chile
- Explore the nearby Chilean coastline and beaches
- On-site orientation
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and IFSA-Butler room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.