- Spanish requirement: 4 semesters of university-level Spanish or equivalent
- Take courses solely in Spanish and take a Spanish-language course to sharpen your skills
- Live with a Costa Rican family in a homestay to increase your cultural immersion
- Join an intramural sports team or club to find your passion
- Volunteer your time around Heredia and the surrounding area in a number of ways including supporting rural communities in education, building maintenance and emergency assistance; work with children from high-risk areas and assist with recycling efforts and sustainable development
- Explore the outdoors by climbing a volcano or visit a tropical forest or waterfall
- Travel to San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, or other surrounding towns
- On-site orientation
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.
Dates / Deadlines:
There are currently no active application cycles for this program.