Photo courtesy of CIEE
- Live and study in a large city 20 minutes from the Ghanaian capital of Accra
- Study at the University of Ghana, one of the top universities in Africa
- Courses taught in English and Twi
- Explore Ghana on a variety of CIEE-led trips and excursions
- Immerse yourself in daily life by living with a Ghanaian family in a homestay
- Volunteer with local businesses and in schools as well as in cultural institutions and social work
- CIEE will work with you to find an internship to fit your needs, i.e. the Ghana Police Hospital and Future Leaders Underprivileged Care Center
- Pre-arrival online orientation
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and CIEE room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
You may be eligible for CIEE specific scholarships
- which would include an additional application after you are accepted to the program.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.