Skip to content


All Susquehanna students are required to have insurance coverage during their study away program.  This is different depending on the program type, duration and program provider. 

Emergency Coverage: 
While all students are automatically enrolled in the university's EIIA insurance, this is an emergency coverage. EIIA insurance covers emergency medical care, evacuation, and repatriation. Students can access the card and policy information here: EIIA insurance Documents, If a student needs to use EIIA, they should also contact, as outlined in the What to Do in an Emergency during GO - Students page. 
*Students participating in a domestic program in the United States or outlying territories must secure and present proof of medical insurance before departure to the Global Programs office.
*The EIIA policy does NOT include emergency evacuation for students on domestic programs nor those in their home country. 

Additional Coverage:
Some domestic insurance plans will cover students during their international travel - please contact your personal insurance to find out about your coverage internationally. 

GO Long and GO Your Way students participating on a 3rd party program provider program should contact their program provider directly for insurance coverage information. Most 3rd party program providers automatically include insurance for the program within their fees. 

GO Long students participating on SU-in programs may be required to enroll in specific insurance for VISA purposes; this information will be provided to the student during the application process (the semester prior to departure). Students who require ongoing medical care (i.e. pre-existing condition) may choose to enroll in a short-term International Insurance for their time abroad. The cost of this is around $50 per month (as of 2024).  The SU contact for enrollment is Francia Moyer (