Skip to content

GO Long Timeline

First-year students
  • Attend an information session or meet with one of our advisors.
  • Research programs.
  • Discuss academic and study-away plans with your faculty advisor.
  • If studying away second semester sophomore year (the earliest possible semester), submit the "GO Long Application for Permission to Study Off-Campus for a Semester" application by Nov. 15.
  • Get a passport ASAP!
One year before study away
  • Submit the "Apply To Go " application by Nov. 15 of the academic year before studying away.
The semester before departing
  • After your request to study off campus has been approved by the GO program, complete the program's specific application.
  • Gain pre-approval for courses from study away to transfer back to Susquehanna.
  • Ensure that all documents have been submitted online in your APPLY TO GO portal, so credits will transfer, housing will be secured upon return and financial aid will apply.
  • Attend the required GO preparation class and all mandatory meetings and workshops