GO Long Timeline
- Get a passport!
- Attend an information session or meet with one of our advisors.
- Research programs.
- Discuss academic and study-away plans with your faculty advisor.
- Talk to your support network about studying away.
- Talk to students who have already completed GO.
- Start budgeting/saving for your program.
- If interested in studying away second semester sophomore year (the earliest possible semester), meet with the Study Away Advisor before November 1.
- Think about and develop your goals for GO Long, as you are selecting a program that will help you meet those goals
- Decide on a GO Long program to apply to.
- Review previous budget sheets to consider costs of a GO Long program.
- Complete the online application between October 15-November 15 of the academic year before studying away.
After you are approved and have committed to the program: the semester before departing you will
- Complete the program's application (unique to each program provider/host university)
- Complete the student visa paperwork, if applicable.
- Apply for additional scholarships, if applicable.
- Gain pre-approval for courses from study away to transfer back to Susquehanna.
- Upload and complete all application materials in your Apply-to-GO portal.
- Attend the required GO preparation class (7PM Thursday evening, second 7-weeks of the semester).
- Attend all mandatory meetings and workshops.
- Read and respond to all communication with GO office and your GO Long program promptly.