GO Transfer Credit
Course Approval Process:Steps for completing your course approval process:
- Review course offerings listed on the program's website
- Review pre-approved courses Course Approvals as of Jan23.pdf
- Review your degree audit with your advisor.
- Using your degree audit, identify the requirements you have remaining for graduation. Some students will want to take courses to fulfill requirements (Central Curriculum, major, or minor), while others may be on track and want to take general electives only. Each situation is different.
- Submit Course Approval Request for new course approval [The link is in your GO application or available under myNest (myNest -> Academic Resources -> Registrar Resources -> Student Forms)]
- Central Curriculum
- The form will direct your request to GO office
- Criteria for Central Curriculum courses - pending
- The form will direct your request to Course approval department heads 22.23
- Complete the Study Plan in your GO application
- Central Curriculum
NOTE: If you are taking a course in a subject area that Susquehanna does not offer, please contact GO before moving forward with the course selection process.
Instructions for Course Approval for faculty:
- For program and department heads, and other designated reviewers, you will receive requests via email. Each request is for one foreign course.
- Appropriate reviewers are automatically selected based on the foreign class information that the student is seeking approval for.
- Reviewers will have the option to deny a request, approve a request, or to send the form back to the student for editing.
- In approving a request, reviewers will be required to enter the SU equivalent course that the foreign course will count as at SU.
- Students are required to enter “suggested” SU equivalent course information when they fill out the form initially, but approvers get the final say on what the foreign course will count as.
- After a determination has been made on a course approval request, the student, their primary advisor, and the GO Office will all receive a copy of the outcome.
- Please reach out to Ariana Stuhl, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, if you have any questions about using this form.
Pre-approved Courses:Here is a list of courses that have already been approved to transfer for a specific requirement: Course Approvals as of Jan23.pdf
*this list is updated quarterly
Important items to remember during your time away:
- When you arrive at your off-campus destination, you must confirm your schedule with the Registrar’s Office. If any of the courses were not previously approved, you must make arrangements to have them evaluated for transfer (instructions above).
- We will transfer the number of credits that you earn for a course as they appear on the official transcript (ex: if you earn 3 credits for a course, we will transfer 3 credits – regardless of how the course was approved to transfer).
- Grades equivalent of C- or higher are necessary to transfer your credits into Susquehanna.
- Grades do not transfer - your Susquehanna GPA will not be affected
- Exceptions: students studying through the Lutheran College Washington Semester or SWSB London.
- For GO LONG: During your semester away, your degree audit will reflect a 12-credit “off-campus semester” course specific to your GO Long program/location regardless of the actual number of credits you enroll in through the other university/program.
Credit Equivalencies:The credits that you are issued during your time away may not be the same as Susquehanna credits. Therefore, please note the credit transfer conversion equivalencies below:
|SU-in Chester: University of Chester||
|SU-in China: University of Macau||
|SU-in Cyprus: University of Nicosia||
|SU-in Hamburg: Hamburg School of Business Administration||
|SU-in Ireland: NUI Galway||
|SU-in Japan: Senshu University
|SU-in Liverpool: Liverpool Hope University||
|SU-in Marburg: Philipps-Universität||
|SU-in Melbourne: La Trobe University||
|SU-in New Zealand: University of Waikato
|SU-in Prague: Charles University||
|SU-in Queensland: Griffith University||
|SU-in Scotland: University of Stirling||
|SU-in the Netherlands: Maastricht University||
|Third Party Providers||