Skip to content

GO Long Transfer Credit

Course Approval Process:
Steps for completing your course approval process:
  1. Review course offerings listed on program website
  2. Enter Course Approval Request on GO application
    1. Option 1: Select from pre-approved course listing
      1. Detailed instructions outlined here
      2. Note: please select “major” for any courses that will fulfill requirements in your major or central curriculum requirement
    2. Option 2: Enter in courses that are offered with your preferred SU course equivalency
      1. Detailed instructions outlined here
      2. Note: you must include the syllabus and course description in this request
    3. Note: you should submit both preferred and back-up courses for review.
    4. Note: you must take the equivalent of at least 12 SU credits while you are abroad. See credit equivalencies here
  3. Send to appropriate course reviewer.
    1. Major/minor -> department head (DEPARTMENT HEAD LISTING BY SCHOOL AY22)
    2. Central Curriculum -> Ariana Stuhl
  4. Submit study plan to your advisor
Instructions for Course Approval for faculty: Approving a "Course Approval" Request

Credit Equivalencies:
You must be enrolled in at least 12 U.S. credits through the other university/program to maintain your full-time status (this is especially important for financial aid). The credits that you are issued during your time away may not be the same as Susquehanna credits. Therefore, please note the credit transfer conversion equivalencies below: 
SU-in Chester: University of Chester
  • 20 UC credits = 5 SU credits
  • 10 UC credits = 2.5 SU credits
SU-in China: University of Macau
  • 3 UMAC credits = 3 SU credits
SU-in Cyprus: University of Nicosia
  • 6 ECTS = 3 SU credits (1 ECTS = 0.5 SU credits)
SU-in Hamburg: Hamburg School of Business Administration
  • 5 ECTS = 2.5 SU credits (1 ECTS = 0.5 SU credits)
  • 1 internship course (4 credits, issued by SU)
SU-in Ireland: NUI Galway
  • 5 ECTS = 2.5 SU credits (1 ECTS = 0.5 SU credits)
SU-in Japan: Senshu University

  • Japanese Language course = 11 SU credits
  • Japanese Business course = 5 SU credits
  • Japanese Culture course = 2.5 SU credits
SU-in Liverpool: Liverpool Hope University
  • 15 LHU credits = 4 SU credits
SU-in Marburg: Philipps-Universität
  • 6 ECTS = 3 SU credits (1 ECTS = 0.5 SU credits)
  • German Conversation Course = 1 SU credit
SU-in Melbourne: La Trobe University
  • 15 LTU points = 3 SU credits
SU-in New Zealand: University of Waikato

  • 15 Waikato points = 4 SU credits
  • 20 Waikato points = 5 SU credits
SU-in Prague: Charles University
  • 3 Prague credits = 3 SU credits
SU-in Queensland: Griffith University
  • 10 credit points = 3 SU credits
SU-in Scotland: University of Stirling
  • 20 SCQF = 5 SU credits
SU-in the Netherlands: Maastricht University
  • 5 ECTS = 2.5 SU credits (1 ECTS = 0.5 SU credits)
Third Party Providers
  • Issue US credits or
  • Will outline equivalencies on their website

Important items to remember during your time away:
  • When you arrive at your off-campus destination, you must confirm your schedule with the Registrar’s Office.  If any of the courses were not previously approved, you must make arrangements to have them evaluated for transfer.  
  • Your degree audit is available on mySU to reference for graduation requirements. During your semester away, your degree audit will reflect a 12-credit “off-campus semester” course specific to your GO Long program/location regardless of the actual number of credits you enroll in through the other university/program. 
  • Grades of C- or higher are necessary to transfer your credits into Susquehanna. 
  • Grades do not transfer so your Susquehanna GPA will not be affected in any way (except for those students studying through the Lutheran College Washington Semester or SWSB London). 
    • Note for SWSB London students: Students on the SWSB London program take a set schedule of courses and do not need to have the courses approved for transfer, however, the grades you receive in those courses do transfer back and affect your Susquehanna GPA.
  • We will transfer the number of credits that you earn for a course as they appear on the official transcript (ex: if you earn 3 credits for a course, we will transfer 3 credits – regardless of how the course was approved to transfer).