GO Response to COVID-19
We understand and share your concerns about how COVID-19 may impact you/your student’s GO program and graduation.
We hold our students’ health and safety in the highest regard. Our policy permits GO programs to operate only in areas with U.S. State Department travel advisories levels 1 or 2.
We have suspended all GO Programs through August 2020 based on travel advisories. It is possible that programs after August will also be disrupted.
Because the global health outlook related to COVID-19 is fluid and can change rapidly, we understand that each student and their families may have differing thoughts regarding how they would like to proceed, and we will support each student’s decision.
GO Graduation Requirement:
The university has guaranteed to work with students to meet the cross-cultural requirement for graduation. We recognize that this may be different for each student, as students’ needs are unique. We are committed to working with students individually to find a suitable alternative, if needed.
At its heart, GO is a graduation requirement based on working toward a set of specific learning goals and reflection on that work. Traditionally that has included the requirement of a cultural immersion experience for at least two weeks and coursework on campus before and after travel.
In the past, the GO office has accommodated students when obstacles made it challenging for them to participate in a traditional GO program. We will use the same approach when working through concerns caused by coronavirus. We are happy to talk with students about how they can complete the Cross-cultural Requirement if they are worried about travel due to coronavirus. They can set up a time to talk by sending an e-mail (email@example.com).
Please review our General COVID-19 and GO FAQ and Upcoming Travel COVID19 FAQ documents.
Archived Statements and FAQ updates:
- general FAQ - 3.2.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 3.6.2020
- general statement 3.6.2020
- general FAQ 3.13.2020
- general FAQ 3.16.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 3.20.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 4.1.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 5.5.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 5.21.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 6.17.2020
- general FAQ 7.10.2020
- upcoming travel FAQ 7.10.2020
- general statement 7.10.2020
- E-mail sent on 2.18.2020 - Fall 2020
- E-mail sent on 2.26.2020 - Fall 2020
- E-mail sent on 3.8.202 - Fall 2020
- E-mail sent on 3.23.2020 - Fall 2020
- E-mail sent on 4.1.2020 - Fall 2020 - Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina
- E-mail sent on 4.1.2020 - Fall 2020
- E-mail sent on 4.10.2020 - Fall 2020
- E-mail sent on 6.16.2020 - Fall 2020 - SWSB London
- Note: individual e-mail outreach was also completed based on program updates
- E-mail sent on 2.18.2020 - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 2.27.2020 - Arts of Italy - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 2.27.2020 - Asia - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 2.27.2020 - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 3.3.2020 - Arts of Italy Cancelation - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 3.8.2020 - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 3.12.2020 - Summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 3.16.2020 - Austria, Chester, Greece, Hawaii, Singapore, Galapagos, Northern Ireland, PLUS
- E-mail sent on 3.16.2020 - December 2020 Grads - GO Short
- E-mail sent on 3.16.2020 - FOCUS, French LC, Cusco
- Pending Upload: E-mail sent on 3.16.2020 - South Africa, Sweden, Iceland
- Pending Upload: E-mail sent on 3.16.2020 - Students with Winter Conflicts and Winter Athletes
- E-mail sent on 3.17.2020 - GO Your Way
- E-mail sent on 4.1.2020 - go your way summer 2020
- E-mail sent on 4.1.2020 - FOCUS, French LC, Cusco
- E-mail sent on 5.5.2020 - FOCUS
- E-mail sent on 2.26.2020 Students in Asia
- E-mail sent on 2.26.2020 to students in Australia, New Zealand, Cuba, South Africa, Senegal
- E-mail sent on 2.26.2020 to Students in Europe and UK
- E-mail sent on 2.26.2020 to students in Italy
- E-mail sent on 2.26.2020 to students on SWSB London program
- E-mail sent on 3.3.2020 to SWSB re-travel
- E-mail sent on 3.10 to students in Europe and UK
- E-mail sent on 3.10 to SWSB students
- E-mail sent on 3.11 to students in Europe
- E-mail sent on 3.12.2020 in morning to students in Europe and UK
- E-mail sent on 3.12.2020 to students in Europe and UK
- E-mail sent on 3.12.2020 to students outside of Europe
- E-mail sent on 3.12.2020 to swsb suspending London based program
- E-mail sent on 3.13 to students returning re-refunds and reimbursements
- E-mail sent on 3.19.2020 for level 4 state advisory
- Note: individual e-mail follow up and outreach was also completed after students returned