Photo courtesy of CIEE
- Minimum GPA – 2.5
- Courses taught in English, French and Arabic
- Take an Arabic language course based on your ability level, from beginner to advanced
- Guest lectures, fieldwork and field trips will help you connect with your classwork
- Study in Fez and Marrakesh on course trips as well as climb the High Atlas Mountains, visit an indigenous village and explore a UNESCO World Heritage site in Essaouira
- Practice your Arabic skills by visiting local markets or by taking in a concert or theater performance
- Intern with a local organization to gain professional experience and enrich your time in Morocco
- Volunteer with organizations helping to teach dance or art classes, teaching English, working with sub-Saharan migrants or shadowing a doctor at a local hospital among other opportunities
- Stay in a homestay with a Moroccan family or live in an apartment with other students from the program
- Pre-departure and on-site orientations to help acclimate you to Rabat and Moroccan culture
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition, with all loans and scholarships, for your program and CIEE room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.