ABOUT SU IN JAPAN
The metropolitan hub of Tokyo is the perfect place for you to study abroad for a semester and learn about the business and culture of Japan. You'll study at Senshu University as part of the BCL (Business, Culture, and Language) Program. You will study Japanese language and a business and culture course in English. During your study abroad semester in Japan, you'll visit local businesses, travel to historical sites, participate in cultural activities and even spend some time with a host family. This study abroad program is only offered in the fall semester.
Where you'll study
: Senshu University
- Study at Senshu’s Ikuta campus in central Tokyo
- At least one semester of college-level Japanese preferred but not required
- Take courses taught primarily in English while also learning Japanese language skills
- Placement tests to determine the appropriate level for your Japanese language courses
- Additional courses offered on Japanese culture and history as well as Japanese business
- Ikuta campus is a short walk from bus or subway stations to explore the city and the rest of Japan
- 190 student clubs and organizations in which to find your passion
- 19,000 students from 18 different countries
- On-site orientation and airport pick-up
Campus dormitory called "Kokusai Koryu Kaikan (Senshu International House)." Meal plan not included, but kitchen is provided.
Check out the SU in Japan Facebook page
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition for your program and Senshu room. Please note that board is not included. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.