ABOUT SU IN CHINA
Macau has a rich history of welcoming outsiders. Experience that blend of southern Chinese and Colonial Portuguese cultures when you study abroad here for a semester. You'll study at the University of Macau, on a brand-new campus near Hong Kong, which will allow you to have an international experience while still taking classes in English. Inexpensive public transportation means that you'll have ample opportunity to travel through China and other Asian destinations. The history and culture of China will come alive as you stroll through the historic center of Macau, relax on the black sand beaches of the South China Sea or explore the streets of Hong Kong.
Where you’ll study: University of Macau
- Airfare included
- Modern international city with many things to do
- Ferry access to Hong Kong and mainland China
- Inexpensive flights to other countries in Asia
- Combination of Portuguese and Macau cultures
- A variety of Asian and Portuguese cuisines
- Buddy Program
- Extracurricular activities, sports and cultural events on campus such as an International Fair and Dragon Boat Racing
- Exchange program: Be connected to students from Macau on campus before departure!
- Largest residential campus in Asia
- Brand-new state of the art campus
- Live in residential colleges with free events
View Photos from GO Blogger Ethan Eastwood
Check out GO Blogger Alexis Alston's Tumblr
Check out the SU in Macau Facebook page
Courses in various departments, taught in English. Find course offerings under "Programmes of Study" on this page: University of Macau Courses
To find the last program fee, click on "Budget Sheet" above. Note that program fees are recalculated before every program.
You will pay SU tuition for your program and Macau room and board. You will need to pay for transportation costs in-country, books, etc.
Some estimated additional personal expenses may include laundry, toiletries, purchase of personal items and resources.
Photos courtesy of Alexis Alston-Edney '17
About GO Long
Immerse yourself in another culture by spending a semester off-campus on a GO Long program. With more than 80 approved options, you can find a setting that suits you, personally and academically. You can study with other Susquehanna students or live and study with local or international students in your host culture. The choice is yours. You’ll take a course the semester before you GO to get ready and reflect on your experiences the semester after you get back. GO Long programs are great opportunities for students looking to gain the experience of a semester in a different culture.